Instructor: Jillayne Schlicke
This class is focused on helping real estate agents learn about working with banks and asset management companies and their REO properties from the perspective of a listing agent.
Prior to jumping head first into REO property, in this class real estate brokers will have the opportunity to understand the commitment of time and financial resources required to become a successful REO agent. Representing lenders of foreclosed homes is complex. Having an institutional client is different than having a traditional home seller as a client. During this class, brokers will:
- Become familiar with the duties and responsibilities of an REO broker
- Learn some basic business requirements for becoming an REO broker
- Learn what lenders look for when selecting an REO broker
- Become familiar with broker price opinions
- Understand the potential pitfalls in working with asset management companies
- Learn the most frequently asked questions about working with HUD REOs
This class will also include a review of the new Washington State Distressed Property Law, as required by DOL.